2019 NBTF Volunteers
Volunteers are critical to the success of the biennial National Black Theatre Festival. The volunteer responsibility types include:
- Box Office – Process ticket sales and box office sales at various theatre venues.
- Bus Assistant – Assist theatre-goers with getting on appropriate buses and be a host on the bus to and from plays.
- Concessions – Sell NBTF promotional items at theatres and other designated locations.
- Driver – Transport staff, celebrities, guests, technicians, etc. for NBTF activities. Valid driver’s license required.
- Greeter – Greet public, assists with seating, and general support at receptions and workshops.
- House Manager – Serve as a manager at the theatre venue, check in volunteers and oversees venue logistics.
- Information Desk – Provide general information about NBTF activities, local restaurants, entertainment, etc.
- Medical Nightingales – Assist with medical incidents. Must be CPR Certified; Licensed or retired MD, RN, PA, FNP, EMS.
- Office Assistants – Provide administrative assistance in the NBTF office such as data entry, mailings, telephone calls, etc.
- Security – Provide security for celebrities, box offices, concessions, and performance sites.
- Usher – Greet public, distribute programs, and seat theater-goers at performances.
- Vendor Assistant – Assist at vendors market and perform other tasks as required.
- Youth Usher/Youth Celebrity Project – Serve as chaperone for the Youth Celebrity Project.
In addition to advancing the importance of Black theatre in the community, volunteers receive three (3) free tickets AFTER purchasing three (3) tickets of equal or lesser value.