We welcome you to work with NCBRC! Click on a box below to learn more about NCBRC opportunities:
Submissions are closed and will re-open August 1, 2018.
There are no auditions currently scheduled.
Play a role…become a NCBRC Volunteer!
Volunteers provide an invaluable service with their time, enthusiasm, and love of theatre. Email email@example.com with “VOLUNTEER” in the subject line to become a part of the NCBRC team.
North Carolina Black Repertory Company is Seeking Interns for 2018-2019 Programming
Interns receive a Stipend/Class Credit. An NCBRC internship is perfect for a student in his/her thesis year.
Internship opportunities are listed below. If you are interested in applying, please submit résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “INTERN” in the subject line.
Stage Management Intern
We are seeking a stage management intern for our 2018-2019 season. This is an exciting opportunity to not only work closely with the cast and production crew of each show, but also the Artistic Director of NCBRC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain contact sheet for cast and crew
- Gather conflicts of all cast and creating rehearsal schedule with director and production manager
- Relay all important information regarding production to the cast and crew via email
- Collect head-shots and bios from all cast and crew
- Sit in on all rehearsals and generating rehearsal reports and line notes to be submitted every evening
- Attend all production meetings
- Check/set props and costumes pre and post show
- Oversee load-in and load-out with production manager
- Give actors their calls for each performance
We are seeking an office intern who can work closely with the NCBRC staff and assist with general office, HR, IT, Accounting and Marketing activities as determined and directed by the Office Manager (OM). The Office Intern will be responsible for assisting the staff with general office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, filing and general coordination.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the flow of paperwork
- Assist and facilitate staff as necessary-whenever and however needed
- Assist with company development matters including preparation of marketing materials
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; the ability to work as a self-starter
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision.
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and sense of urgency.
- Articulate communication skills-verbal, pictorial, and numerical
- Excellent telephone etiquette, communication and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- A willingness and flexibility to do whatever it takes to foster the growth and success of the company