We welcome you to work with NC Black Rep! Click on a box below to learn more about NC Black Rep opportunities:
Submissions are open for the North Carolina Black Repertory Company’s 2020-2021 Main Stage season and Living Room Theatre Reading Series
To submit, please follow the guidelines below:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
[Title of Your Play] 2020-2021 Script Submission
- In the body of the email, include the following:
- Play Title
- Playwright Name
- Playwright Bio
- Contact Info
- Character Breakdown
- Set Description
- Production History
- Short Synopsis
- Attach the first 10 pages of the script in PDF format.
To ensure your submission is reviewed, please strictly adhere to the above guidelines. If interested, the full script will be requested. Please note that due to the volume of submissions, we unfortunately cannot respond to individual emails.
Agents may email full scripts with production history and a playwright biography to email@example.com , or send hardcopy to:
North Carolina Black Repertory Company
ATTN: Literary Manager
PO Box 95
Winston Salem, NC 27102
Teen Theatre Ensemble Production
The NC Black Repertory Company is holding auditions for its Teen Theatre Ensemble production. Teens age 13-18 are invited to audition. Auditions will take place on Saturday, December 7, 2019 from1-5pm at the NC Black Rep Office (419 N. Spruce St. W-S, NC). Actors should prepare a short song, to be performed acapella, and a two-minute contemporary monologue for the audition. If requested, NC Black Rep will provide a monologue for actors to perform. Rehearsals will take place in the evenings and begin in January. Performance dates are March 6-8, 2020.
To sign-up for an audition, please visit: https://signup.com/go/HsDjmpn
Play a role…become a NC Black Rep Volunteer!
Volunteers provide an invaluable service with their time, enthusiasm, and love of theatre. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “VOLUNTEER” in the subject line to become a part of the NC Black Rep team.
North Carolina Black Repertory Company is Seeking Interns for 2019-2020 Programming
Interns receive a Stipend/Class Credit. A NC Black Rep internship is perfect for a student in his/her thesis year.
Internship opportunities are listed below. If you are interested in applying, please submit résumé to email@example.com with “INTERN” in the subject line.
Stage Management Intern
We are seeking a stage management intern for our 2019-2020 season. This is an exciting opportunity to not only work closely with the cast and production crew of each show, but also the Artistic Director of NC Black Rep.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain contact sheet for cast and crew
- Gather conflicts of all cast and creating rehearsal schedule with director and production manager
- Relay all important information regarding production to the cast and crew via email
- Collect head-shots and bios from all cast and crew
- Sit in on all rehearsals and generating rehearsal reports and line notes to be submitted every evening
- Attend all production meetings
- Check/set props and costumes pre and post show
- Oversee load-in and load-out with production manager
- Give actors their calls for each performance
We are seeking an office intern who can work closely with the NC Black Rep staff and assist with general office, HR, IT, Accounting and Marketing activities as determined and directed by the Office Manager (OM). The Office Intern will be responsible for assisting the staff with general office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, filing and general coordination.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the flow of paperwork
- Assist and facilitate staff as necessary-whenever and however needed
- Assist with company development matters including preparation of marketing materials
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; the ability to work as a self-starter
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision.
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and sense of urgency.
- Good communication skills-verbal, pictorial, and numerical
- Excellent telephone etiquette, communication and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- A willingness and flexibility to do whatever it takes to foster the growth and success of the company